Baltimore Indian Community -
| | |


Topic: Green Card

Category: Immigration        

Share With Your Friends
Note: Any discussions for female friendships should only be responded by females or else we will cancel your membership without any notice. 
Start A New Discussion

View Other Discussions
Topic : Green Card

Alex L.
Member of
City: Seattle
Hi I have a friend who is an Indian citizen (still in India) and she would like to work in the U.S. specifically Seattle.I dont know how to go about the process but, what would she need to do to get a work visa?She is not in the Hi-Tech field but works as a manager at a BPO and also has a degree as a physical therapist if that helps?

Post Response Add To Favorite

Total Replies: 1

Responses (Total Replies: 1)

If your friend finds some spons0r for physiotherapist, she can directly come on Green card.If not,your friend can try for student visa, afterwards, she can give licence exam for physiotherapist (exam is not easy),because medical line is open for green card,after she passes exam, she can file for GC and she can work. I dont have idea about her actual work experience (Manager at BPO) but I dont think that qualifies for a green card or H1-B.Here is a text from an older conversation my husband had with a friend> Schedule A Designation> > The Department of Labor has made a schedule of occupations for which> it delegates authority to the BCIS to approve labor certifications.> Schedule A, Group I, includes physical therapists and nurses. Schedule> A, Group II includes aliens of exceptional ability in the sciences and> arts (except performing arts). To apply for Schedule A designation,> the employer must submit a completed, uncertified Form ETA-750 in> duplicate to the BCIS along with the I-140 petition.> > will fit in the category for physiotherapists. (waiting for admin approval)

Divya K.
Member of
City: Redmond
She will have to first get a H1 visa, and for that she has to apply for a job, and get sponsored by the company in the US. It might be difficult to get one if the person is not in the technical (software) field. And after that the company can start the green card processing after working a while. It is a long long process. Or she can opt to study here (it consumes a lot of hard work, time and money), and getting a job might be relatively easier. Good luck for your friend! (waiting for admin approval)

View Other Discussions

Disclaimer: These discussions are usually meant to be there forever so that other users can benefit from them. We reserve the right to accept or deny any discussions. All the discussions are posted by individual members of Any information including your email address, profile name or phone number might remain on the site forever even if you cancel your account so please post only that information which you want other users to see and cached by search engines. is not responsible for the validity of the content. Please use your own discretion when meeting or conducting a transaction based on this discussion. We are not liable for any damages.

Meet Local Singles

Lakshmanan Ramanathan

Bina Walburn

Jerold Narine
Jerold Narine

Vishal Khatwani

Shri Ram Bharathi Sabarathinam

Ali Kamal
Ali Kamal

Suman Kharel

Pradeep Bhulode

Noory Noory
Noory Noory